Metal Arena 3 Metal Arena 3

Basic.

I found the game to be quite generic in every sense. The names of the weapons were generic, the enemies were pretty generic, the tanks were generic, the backgrounds were generic. It was just nothing special altogether. It was plain. It was okay, I mean it wasn't bad, but it was just plain.

I had a recurring problem of the game freezing which forced me to reload the entire page, and that got on my nerves after a while so I quit playing.

Really, on your next game, just up the ante in every regard. I suggest you make the tank movement a little more boxy. Moonwalking your land boat left and right was really kind of lame. Give the guns different effects. More flare for energy weapons, and less orange blobs for ammunition based weapons. Make enemies strafe you. Even shooting enemies just headed on a crash course, so they were suicide enemies with really weak guns. Make the fighting area bigger as well. Can't tell you how many times I tried to get a superior angle on an enemy and they just grazed the tip of my gun barrel.

Give the player the ability to pick different camo options for the tank. Maybe instead of just plain hunks of armor with standard layouts, spice it up a little. Bring some WW1 and WW2 designs into the game. Modern designs like the Merkava and the ever popular Abrams. Make the armor on the tanks show the damage they receive. Doesn't have to be perfect, just shell pits and burn marks.

Keep some of the futuristic weapons though. Energy weapons are always a favorite, but make them have chance special effects, such as 20% for EMP or something.

I know it's a lot, but take them as merely ideas.

5 for the generic game. You got basics down, now make it shine.

Toss the Turtle Toss the Turtle

Good but.....

....why is this still on the front page? I mean, it is very entertaining (for a short period of time) and the upgrades keep it interesting, but this does not deserve to be on the front page for this long.

Positives: Very cool artwork, upgrades are nice, weapons add a new element to "launch crap as far as possible" and overall it's just fun. Very addictive.

Negatives: Gets repetitive rather easily and eventually becomes downright boring.

Super Briefcase Super Briefcase

Awesome, but pointless

I loved the graphics. Sprites always make me feel better. I will say, though, it was a tad on the easy side for a long time. I made rank 10 globally and I didn't really try that hard.

The dialogue of your character was hilarious. It really kept the light mood up. The briefcase was also useful, but not entirely necessary unless bombs were unavoidable.

Nice work.

Free Will - The Game Free Will - The Game

You're an asshole.

This game kind of frustrated me because I was never good at old-school platformers. So I die, and watch myself die through the replay, then refresh, then die, then repeat ad nauseum....and then I finish it and it's a horrific pun. You, sir, are a prick.

As for the game itself....pretty basic. Love the retro feel.

But props on tricking Newgrounders.

I won't explain it to those who don't get it because it would ruin it, but the key word is "Free". Just keep it in mind and play it again.

8/10

Friendly Fire: BaG Friendly Fire: BaG

Entertaining

For what it's worth, this game is quite fun. It's nothing entirely original, considering side-scrolling platformer shooters have been done, but killing small innocent woodland creatures with big ass guns is always a blast. I liked the voice effects for the weapon sounds; very neat. I loved the character design for your player. I felt like a demented sort of agent or something. An agent who enjoys killing animals. Or something. Who knows. Also, the laser rifle was pretty much hax.

A great time killer, with replayability due to weapon tree and achievements.

9/10

Megaman X RPG: Chapter 1 Megaman X RPG: Chapter 1

One of the best games I have played

Truly. Even considering all the console and computer-based games I have played, this game is one of the best. The immersion into the Megaman X world is really there. I personally think that this is a better try at making a turn-based RPG than Command Mission was itself. Granted, there are a few typos here and there, and there's a slight learning curve, but I can look past that. Excellent depth concerning your ability to upgrade your characters, a seemingly good (and VERY atypical Megaman X ((but who's complaining)) ) storyline, very well done sprites, nice music....I dunno. I just don't really have anything to bitch about besides the few typos you have in the speech. This is quality work, and it saddens me that you have to abandon it because the economy sucks. I hope that you can continue your work down the road. I can honestly say that I look forward to it with great excitement.

10/10 definately.

ChamberACR responds:

Wow, thank you. I'll try and keep this going as long as I have the time =D

DarkBase 2 - the Hive DarkBase 2 - the Hive

Excellent game

I definately noticed the improvements you made to this game in contrast to Darkbase 1. Everything was a little tighter and more thought-out. I have to say that my favorite part of the game was taking the beamer and annihilating the cave. That was awesome. The grenade launcher on the machinegun was also a nice addition. It gave a little depth to what otherwise would be "point here, hold down mouse, walk in circles". The flashlight was also interesting because you didn't need it in some of the darker parts, but it was nice to have. I personally enjoyed not turning it on and seeing the muzzle flash from my gun light up.

Great atmosphere, good controls, nice weapons, cool story. The only things I would improve on is the music you used, and have someone check over your spelling. I did notice that grenade was spelled "granade". Other than that, awesome.

Crush the Castle Crush the Castle

Very fun, makes ya think

You really have to plan some of your trajectories in the later castles. It took me multiple tries and more than a bit of luck to tear down those walls.

One problem I did encounter was the castle data that users can paste for their own. Even when I make a castle and get my own data, it says it's bad and won't do anything more than make a couple walls. You should really look into that; there's probably hundreds of awesome castles waiting to be knocked over.

Upgrade Complete! Upgrade Complete!

Kind of a bitchslap

The message that you gave to Newgrounders not to judge games off of upgradability is probably a fair and just one, but to base an entire game around that singular message is kind of...I dunno. Just not a good idea. But I do agree with you on not being narrow-minded.

As for the game it was quite enjoyable for how simple it really was. I found a few fun configurations (everything missiles is a blast, but it rapes FPS) and I think that the little quirky upgrades you could get were really fun. Upgrading a copyright? Strange and novel.

D-Day Defender D-Day Defender

History lesson, or game?

This is kind of an anti-game. You seem to want to tell a story that has been endlessly re-told since D-day happened, so it makes the movie clips rather redudant to anyone who's heard about WW2. Maybe if you want to make a defender game, go ahead and choose the WW2 era, just skip the history book lessons or the "dramatic" voice acting.

On the game side of things, it was enjoyable and just hard enough to make you want to play. The power-ups felt like fringe benefits because they came so infrequently, but they were useful when they came around. Perhaps instead of randomizing the engineers' thing, let users choose; it'll add some more depth to the game.

6/10